Composite/Dental Bonding - Lynnfield MA
Do your teeth have cracks, chips, stains, or pits that mar the beauty of your smile? In a single appointment, our dentists can repair damaged teeth through a simple cosmetic dentistry treatment known as composite bonding.
Two Types of Dental Bonding
Used as a cement or adhesive in all kinds of dental work, bonding is a common part of everyday dentistry. It attaches almost everything to teeth, from crowns and bridges to inlays and onlays, and can also be used on its own to repair damage.
There are two basic types of bonding:
- Adhesive bonding refers to the most common use of bonding, as an adhesive to attach crowns, veneers, and onlays to teeth.
- Direct composite bonding, sometimes called a direct composite veneer, is a repair performed on a cracked, discolored or chipped tooth to restore it to pristine condition. Composite bonding materials are built up on the surface of the tooth to restore chips or cracks, or to cover stains or pits.
The Direct Composite Bonding Process
Applying composite bonding is one of the simplest dental repairs, a quick process that takes about 30 to 60 minutes per tooth. It can be completed in one visit and doesn't usually require sedation of any kind.
First, Dr. Krothapalli will use an acidic compound to prepare the surface of the tooth for bonding veneers. Next, we will carefully match the color of your teeth so that the composite bond will blend with your natural teeth. If your goal is to hide stains or discoloration, we will discuss your desired results and choose the right shade of bond together.
Next, the dentist will apply the composite bond material to cover chips or stains, close gaps, or repair worn tooth edges. This step may take several applications in order to reconstruct the natural shape of your tooth.
Finally, the bonding composite is hardened with a high intensity curing light, completing your new composite veneers.
Dental Bonding Benefits
- A natural look: Dental bonding is a perfect repair for the front teeth because it precisely matches your natural color, restoring shape and brightness.
- Fast: Composite bonding is quick and easy, requiring just one appointment to yield perfect-looking teeth.
- Durable: Repairs are hardened using a curing light, ensuring that they’ll be as strong and wear-resistant as your natural teeth.
- Versatile: Dental bonding can be used to repair all kinds of minor tooth damage, from cracks and chips to stains and pits, restoring teeth to their perfect, whole appearance.
Cosmetic Dental bonding procedure performed by our dentists will boost your smile from average to brilliant. Bonding is a less expensive, less complicated alternative to a dental crown or dental veneers. Call us today to schedule an appointment at 781-592-1650. We proudly serve patients from Lynnfield, Lynn, Peabody, Saugus, Wakefield, Reading, North Reading and the surrounding areas.